The latest device from OnePlus is the OnePlus 3T which is an update to the much popular OnePlus 3 that was also launched this year. With companies launching phones with latest Snapdragon 821 processor, OnePlus decided to do the same and so the company unveiled the OnePlus 3T. The OnePlus devices are known as the phones for developers because they provide a lot of freedom for developers to experiment any kind of customization. So, the newly launched OnePlus 3T has got the unofficial TWRP Recovery and you can now Download & Install OnePlus 3T TWRP Recovery. Keep in mind that this is the Unofficial Recovery!
HOW TO DOWNLOAD & INSTALL ONEPLUS 3T TWRP RECOVERY
In case you don’t know what TWRP Recovery is, then here is a little description –
Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices. It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.
But, don’t try to install this recovery on OnePlus 3 as it will cause some serious problems in your phone. Anyways, here are the steps to Download OnePlus 3T TWRP Recovery :
- Extract/install ADB & fastboot to your computer.
- Download TWRP for OnePlus 3T (oneplus3t).
- In your ROM, go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Now go to Settings -> Developer options. (above About device)
You need to enable OEM unlock, otherwise, you might end up with boot problems or be unable to flash later on.
- Reboot your device into fastboot mode. To do this, select reboot from the power menu and hold the [Volume Up] + [Power] buttons while your device reboots.
- Once you’re in fastboot mode, you need to unlock your bootloader. To do this, run this command:
fastboot oem unlock
WARNING: Unlocking your bootloader will erase all user data on the device! Your device will be completely reset to factory defaults!
- Once your bootloader is unlocked, you’re ready to flash TWRP. To do this, run these commands in order:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img
- At this point, you will reach the screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications.
By swiping right, you will trigger dm-verity, and if you don’t follow the next step you will be unable to boot!
If you are going to root your device and follow the rest of these steps, then it is safe to swipe right and enable modifications.
- If you want to be rooted with SuperSU:
Download the latest SuperSU by Chainfire.
Without exiting TWRP, transfer the SuperSU zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
- If you want to be rooted with something else or just want a bootable system:
Download the latest dm-verity and forced encryption disabler zip.
Without exiting TWRP, transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
This will also allow you to use [Format Data] to completely disable your encryption if desired.
- Go to [Reboot] -> [System].
- Wait 2-5 minutes for your device to finish setting itself up. (SuperSU will reboot you a few times)
All thanks to XDA Developers for providing the links to Download OnePlus 3 TWRP Recovery and also the steps to install it up on the phone. In case you wanna download the recovery file and other necessary stuff, head to the official page.