As we all know, Google Pixel phones were unveiled with the Android 7.1 . In this way, we have as of now got a sneak look at the new version of Android Nougat. Today, the company has at long last announced the Android 7.1 Nougat for different phones! Users as of now using Android 7.0 on their devices will now be able to install developer previews of Android 7.1 once they’re available.
This time also, you’ll be able to get developer previews from the Android Beta Program. So, now you might be thinking what’s there in the new version of Android Nougat? Here are the new features of Android 7.1 Nougat –
ANDROID 7.1 NOUGAT : WHAT’S NEW?
Above all else, it isn’t a very big update over the Android 7.0 however only a little upgrade to alter the bugs or issues in previous version. Some performance and security features have been included and the past ones have been improved with the new update. The developers will get a great deal of features from the new update. Here are these –
- App shortcuts API — lets you surface key actions directly in the launcher and take your users deep into your app instantly. You can create up to 5 shortcuts, either statically or dynamically.
- Circular app icons support — lets you provide great-looking rounded icon resources that match the look of Pixel and other launchers.
- Enhanced live wallpaper metadata — lets you provide metadata about your live wallpapers to any picker displaying the wallpapers as a preview. You can show existing metadata such as label, description, and author, as well as a new context URL and title to link to more information.
- Image keyboard support — expands the types of content that users can enter from their keyboards, letting them express themselves through custom stickers, animated gifs, and more. Apps can tell the keyboard what types of content they accept, and keyboards can deliver all of the images and other content that they offer to the user. For broad compatibility, this API will also be available in the support library.
- Storage manager Intent — lets an app take the user directly to a new Settings screen to clear unused files and free up storage space on the device.
WHEN WILL YOU GET THE NEW ANDROID 7.1 UPDATE?
As per the official Android blog :
We’re working with our partners to bring Android 7.1 update to devices in the ecosystem over the months ahead, so we recommend downloading the Android 7.1 Developer Preview as soon as it’s available. Initially, we’ll offer the Developer Preview for Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, and Pixel C devices, extending to other supported devices by the end of the preview. At the final release of the Android 7.1.x platform, due in early December, we’ll roll out updates to the full lineup of supported devices — Nexus 6, 5X, 6P, 9, Player, Pixel C, and supported Android One devices — as well as Pixel and Pixel XL devices.
Well, as mentioned above, you can download the Developer Preview as soon as it is available from here. What do you think about the new version? Wanna try it? Do let us know via comments section 😀